Do you allow pets?
YES! We love pets of all sizes and breeds. If your pet is legal in the state of Iowa/city the property is in, you can have it in the home. You will pay a one-time $400 pet fee for 1-2 pets. If you have additional pets we will work it out with you. If your breed of pet requires extra insurance or restrictions in the city of Des Moines, it is up to you to follow those rules.
We do NOT allow outdoor pets. Your dog or cat must live inside your home.
Do you allow short-term leases?
No. We only sign leases for 12 or 18 months.
Do you allow in-home daycares?
Do you allow swimming pools in yards?
Do you allow smoking indoors?
Why would my rental application be denied?
- If you’ve had any eviction proceedings in the last 10 years, you may not be approved.
- If you are on the sex offender registry, have been on the registry or have a sex offense on your record, you will not be approved.
- If you have a felony within the last 5 years, you will not be approved.
- If you have a murder, kidnapping or robbery on your record, you will not be approved.
- If you have a drug-related misdemeanor within the last 3 years, you will not be approved.
- If you provide in-home daycare, you will not be approved.
- If you have a history of small claims court cases, you may not be approved.
- If you have a history of FED filings (start of eviction process), you may not be approved.
How do I buy a home?
You first need to find out if you can get approved for financing! We recommend these swell folks to help you get financing:
- Mattie Thomson, Lincoln Savings Bank – 515.867.1156
- Steve Schraderbachar, Wintrust Mortgage – 515.360.5197
Once approved, you can check out our nifty mortgage calculator to figure out monthly payments. That should help you know what price range you can purchase in. Then just call or email us and we’ll be happy to show you any of our homes in that price range!